Friday, December 5, 2008

Mediocrity

While sipping a vanilla latte with soy milk steamed to 150 degrees in a sophisticated 60 percent recycled to-go cup with a philosophical quote by one of the greats printed on the side, I read the newspaper filled with stories about about people who live lives that contain remarkable happenings.
I love finding raisins amidst the soy nuts and cashews in my trail mix but I try to combine each one with a few nuts and seeds in my palm before pouring them into my mouth. This gives me an argument for trail mix rather than just raisins (which would be just too boring).
Such dilemmas make up the majority of interesting experiences in my life. It's a shame I have never seen a headline that reads, "Girl Strives for Equality between Raisins and Nuts: The Fight for True Trail Mix."

No comments: